Saturday, July 30, 2011

The First Course Assignments


The first course assignment deals with critical thinking in news and politics.  I specifically appreciated this assignment because it forced me to do some research on some different current events.  For somebody who doesn't pay any attention at all to the news or other world topics, reading up on current events was a good change.  I didn't even know some of the things were going on that I did research on.  For example, we did our research paper on the drug cartel in Mexico.  To be honest, I didn't even know that there was a dangerous drug cartel in Mexico, let alone that there was talk about the effect the legalization of marijuana would have on it. After this assignment I became less naive about what was going on in the world. Another benefit of have group assignments in an online class is the involvement with the other students.  Normally, in on online class, the student would never even meet each other.  It is always good to work on our cooperation skills with others.

And boom goes the dynamite,
Melvin Banner

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melvin Banner, I thought your post was great. The first assignment also helped me learn some new things as well. I would have never researched some of the topics on my own that were included in the first assignment. In working on the assignment it opened my eyes to a whole new subject. The group work on this assignment was also new for me and I think it made me improve as a member in a group format. The researching together and dividing up the work made the assignment not that difficult and I kind of liked the ability to collaborate with others.

    ReplyDelete